Acting Northern Territory Chief Minister Nicole Manison says the NT has revoked a “large majority” of the declared hotspots in Greater Sydney

Davies

Nicole Manison

This means that Sydneysiders quarantining in the NT will be released this afternoon — although anyone who has been to the northern beaches area will have to stay put.

“A number of suburbs that are already directly located around the outbreak will remain as hotspot areas,” Ms Manison said.

“What I can say is that the Greater Sydney area, including the Blue Mountains along with the Central Coast, will be removed effective immediately.”

On Sunday, the NT declared Greater Sydney — including the Blue Mountains, Illawarra and the Central Coast — a coronavirus hotspot.

The Northern Beaches local government area was declared a hotspot on Thursday last week.

Ms Manison said a full list of the remaining hotspot suburbs would be listed on the NT Government’s coronavirus website shortly.

She warned the Northern Territory would not hesitate to add more suburbs to the list if needed.

“Please know that if anything changes we will not hesitate to act quickly if we have to in the coming days,” Ms Manison said.

“The Territory has been the safest place in the country and that has been for good reason.

“Every decision on every day for the last 10 months has always been about keeping Territorians safe and putting them first, and that is something that we will never change.”

More to come.

 231 Interactions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

A convicted terrorist who once espoused the virtues of Osama Bin Laden will stay in an Australian prison after Victoria's Supreme Court deemed him too risky to release

A convicted terrorist who once espoused the virtues of Osama Bin Laden will stay in an Australian prison after Victoria’s Supreme Court deemed him too […]