Facebook has removed a video of an interview with former United States president Donald Trump — who remains banned from the platform — from his daughter-in-law Lara Trump’s Facebook page.
- Donald Trump was barred by several social media platforms after the Capitol riot
- Since the ban, Mr Trump has been shown speaking on Facebook’s platforms in news coverage
- Twitter said its ban on Mr Trump is permanent
Lara Trump, who is married to the former president’s son Eric and recently joined US conservative cable network Fox News as a contributor, had promoted an interview with Mr Trump for her own online show The Right View.
She later posted a screenshot of an email from Facebook on both her Instagram and Facebook account.
The screenshot said her video with Mr Trump speaking had been removed, citing the ban on Mr Trump’s accounts.
Mr Trump was suspended from Facebook and Facebook-owned Instagram indefinitely over incitement of violence following the January 6 riot by Trump supporters at the US Capitol in Washington.
Facebook has sent the case of Mr Trump’s suspension to its independent oversight board.
“In line with the block we placed on Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the accounts,” the email read.
A Facebook spokesperson, who spoke on condition that her name not be used, confirmed the email was real but declined to comment.
Mr Trump’s spokesperson Jason Miller did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the action.
Another email allegedly from Facebook shared by Ms Trump said the guidance applied to all campaign accounts, messaging vehicles and former Trump surrogates across their sites.
Since the ban, the former president has been shown speaking on Facebook’s platforms in news coverage from outlets such as Fox News and Newsmax.
Mr Trump was barred by several social media platforms after the riot, including Twitter, which has said its ban is permanent, and Alphabet Inc’s YouTube, which said it will reinstate his account when the risk of violence decreases.